This sculpture is my final project to my sculpting class. The Xenomorph was made with wire, newspaper, glue, hot glue, black acrylic paint, and tape. The whole sculpture at first was going to be made with paper mache, but then it quickly turned to tape when I found out how hard paper mache was to do. After that the piece was covered in black acrylic paint, I added hot glue to give it detail, and then finished it off with another layer of acrylic paint. Overall the piece turned out very well.
I lost my sketch book on the last few weeks of school, so I decided to make all my Art Illustrations into one. The picture I drew involves all the previous art illustrations (Puppet, Smooth, Paper, Theatre, Wobble, and Light). The dragon represents puppet, the picture from both the game/ from the drawing are made of paper and are smooth, the whole setting takes place on a stage so thats theater, the whole place is wobbling because of the weight of the dragon, and the light comes from the stage lights up above. Overall this drawing turned out good.
This whole piece was thought up when I saw a bunch of broken ornaments. The turtle is made out of tape acrylic paint, tape, wire, and a broken ornament. The eyes were made small blue beads, they were put on with hot glue after the whole piece was finished. Overall it turned out to be a pretty cool Christmas ornament.
This piece was pretty tough to make. The shape was hard to make, because the shape I made was off of a 8-bit 1-UP Mushroom from mario. At the top I imprinted the word "1-UP" with alphabet soup noodles. The whole piece was fired, glossed with 4 layers of gloss paint, and then fired again. Overall it turned out pretty good.
This is one of the many side projects I did in my free time. The Skull Island Topper is a item from Team Fortress 2, but in a smaller size. The color was the easiest part of the whole project, I just diluted the water colors to give it a more realistic tone and then added a paste type gloss to give it a shine. Overall I think it turned of great.
This skull was hard to make, because of its shape and size. The shape of the skull was hard to sculpt, because I had to make it a newspaper ball. The skull's horns were tough to make, because they have to be the same shape and width. Overall this piece was fun to make.
These stamps were pretty easy to make. The tops were glossed to give them a nice feel as you use them. The patterns on the bottoms of the stamps were made with the clay tools in the purple containers. Overall it turned out pretty well.
This was made/ given for my Aunt for Christmas. The turtle was fired and than glossed, and the shell was made with dark green acrylic paint and a smooth adhesive gloss, and the eyes were made with light blue beads. Overall the turtle came out pretty well.
This had to be the easiest thing to make in Sculpting class. After it was fired and sanded I painted it with diluted water colors. Overall I believe it turned out pretty well.
This piece took a lot of time to add in the teeth and the gloss inside the mouth. At first I used a light green in order to get a good glossy texture, but after adding a darker layer it looked more realistic. I was planning on adding eyes, but then later while working on adding the paint I decided to just leave it with no eyes. Overall I think it turned out great.